View Mobile Site
 
Posted: February 11, 2014 11:04 p.m.

Fire consumes house on Durden Circle

Courtesy of Covington Fire Marshal Tony Smith/

A fire consumes the house at 7122 Durden Circle in Covington Tuesday night.

A chimney fire destroyed the home at 7122 Durden Circle in Covington Tuesday night.

A single man was in the home and he escaped with no injuries, according to Covington Fire Marshal Tony Smith.

The call came into 911 around 8:17 p.m. Tuesday, but firefighters were still working the fire two hours later.

Though the cause was not given Tuesday night, fire officials did say this week that pre-fabricated fireplaces are not meant to have fires burn in them continusouly for a long period of time. Fires should be put out periodocially in pre-fabricated fireplaces, and the fireplaces should be allowed to cool, Newton County Fire Chief Kevin O'Brien said earlier this week when talking about preparing for the impending ice storm.

Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...