View Mobile Site
 
Posted: November 12, 2013 10:48 a.m.

Girl, 2, severely burned when gas ignites on slide

LOGANVILLE, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports  that authorities are treating the case as an accident and do not anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

 
Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...