View Mobile Site
 
Posted: April 16, 2013 5:21 p.m.

GA thrift shop worker hospitalized after explosion

ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a thrift shop employee has been hospitalized with burns after opening a package.

Atlanta Fire Rescue Department Captain Marian McDaniel says the worker was opening the package when it apparently exploded. Atlanta police Sgt. Greg Lyon says it's unclear if the burns were caused by an explosion, flash fire or something else. Lyon says the worker suffered minor injuries.

Police, fire and other officials were on the scene interviewing witnesses Tuesday evening. Lyon says the incident was isolated and the scene is under control. Additional details are not yet available.

 
Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...