View Mobile Site
 
Posted: November 30, 2011 12:00 a.m.

Oxford School dedicated

Douglas Moser/

Officials and members of the community on Sunday afternoon watched the dedication and unveiling of an historical plaque for the Oxford School, an all-black school built in 1921 partially with funding from the Rosenwald Fund. Newton County Commissioner J.C. Henderson, next to the sign, emceed the dedication ceremony. Speakers included Rev. Harold Cobb, state Sen. Ronald Ransey, former teacher Emma Jean Williams, Leroy Nolley, Oxford Mayor Jerry Roseberry, attorney W. D. Ballard and alumni who chose to share their memories.

Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...