View Mobile Site
 
Posted: September 8, 2011 10:00 a.m.

Parents say Atlanta kids ordered off bus

ATLANTA - Atlanta school officials are investigating a complaint that a school bus driver ordered several students to get out and walk.

The students attend Ralph Bunche Middle School and had been at an after-school program Monday afternoon. The father of a 12-year-old says he found her after 8 p.m. walking down a road alone.

The 12-year-old, Inayah Akbar, told WSB-TV (http://bit.ly/n8AbIz) that the driver kept getting lost and finally pulled over and told the three remaining passengers to get off the bus.

Atlanta Public Schools spokesman Keith Bromery says the district is following up on the report. He says it's unacceptable for a driver to drop a child off anywhere except the designated bus stop. 

Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...