View Mobile Site
 
Posted: June 16, 2010 11:34 a.m.

Fire engulfs car's engine compartment

/

Around 7:30 a.m. this morning the Covington Fire Department responded to a car fire. On arrival, they found the engine compartment fully engulfed in flames. The fire was extinguished with no issues.

The owner stated that she had a leak in a power steering hose which made the car smoke on occasion. She was in the process of saving to fix the problem. The owner stated that she walked in her office and then returned to find the car on fire.

The cause was determined to be accidental and to have started in the area of the power steering pump. No one was hurt.


Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...